Employees may take advantage of a wide range of training and development in order to continuously develop and upgrade employee performance in the following areas :
- Quality of united wire factories products and services
- Work productivity and profitability
- Operational efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Excellence in internal and external customer service
- Market leadership
- Adopting applicable “best practices” from internal and external sources
- Promoting health and safety at work
- Supervisory and managerial effectiveness
- Employee career growth
These programs can be availed through the following learning events:
- General Induction Program through an Individualized Training Plan or ITP – Designed to familiarize the new employee on the company’s history, organizational set-up, the nature of its business activities, product lines, the company’ policies and procedures, employee benefits and general expectations of the company from all its employees. This also includes a customized briefing on, exposure to, and familiarization with, the different operating units relative to his job.
- Basic Skills Training through On-the-Job Training – A planned and structured series of learning experience to teach the employee skills and knowledge necessary either to meet performance standards of his job or improve current on-the-job performance.
- In-House Training and Development Programs – These are common courses that cater to employees across job titles or locations designed to provide such employees with similar knowledge or skills deemed as complementary to the minimum competencies of their jobs. These are programs offered through in-house training capability and identified internal subject matter experts, programs such as Communication Skills, Team Building, Change Management, Behavioral Interviewing Skills, Performance Management and other technical skills training programs.
- Outsourced Training and Development Programs – These are courses that cater to both a broad base or a targeted small sector of employees depending on the identified training needs; courses are given by a contracted training service provider where in-house expertise is lacking.